Texas Medicaid added Mosquito Repellent to Formularies
- Effective August 9, 2016, Texas Medicaid added mosquito repellent products to the Texas Medicaid and CHIP formularies. The repellent products were added for the prevention, detection, and response to the Zika virus.
- These benefits are available for:
- Fee for Service Texas Medicaid
- Medicaid Managed Care
- Children with Special Healthcare Needs (CSHCN) Services Program
- Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- CHIP Perinatal
- Healthy Texas Women
- Family Planning program
- These Medicaid programs will cover mosquito repellents when prescribed by a physician.
- Click here to learn more about who is eligible and how to prescribe the mosquito repellent.
What You Need to Know as a Health Care Provider
Tools for Healthcare Providers
Evaluation and Testing of Infants:
Fact Sheets on Testing for Zika: