Harris County Medical Society's (HCMS) Payment Assistance Program
HCMS has a program to assist our member physicians who have been unable to resolve claim issues/problems with payers. Since 2000, HCMS has collected over $21 million for our members.
If you are interested in participating please review the HCMS Payment Advocacy Program and Policy (pdf).
- Due to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) privacy rules, a signed HCMS Business Associate Agreement (Feb 2016) (pdf) is required to be on file prior to our being able to assist our members in the Payment Advocacy Program.
- HCMS staff can also assist you with practice management issues.
- You may contact the HCMS Payment Advocacy Department by:
- Calling 713-524-4267 or you may e-mail us at email@example.com. Please do not include any private health information in your e-mail.
TMA Payment Advocacy Program & Policy/User Guide (Hassle Factor)
- The Texas Medical Association (TMA) also has a program to assist member physicians with claim issues.
- If you are interested in participating in TMA's Payment Advocacy Program please complete the "Hassle Factor Log Resources".
- Due to the HIPAA privacy rules, TMA also must have a signed TMA Business Associate Agreement (Sept 2013) (pdf) on file prior to assisting member physicians in their payment advocacy program.
- TMA staff regularly meet with representatives of health plans to discuss issues affecting physicians statewide. For TMA's